Friday, June 17, 2011

Getting Ready for the Little People

I can't believe it's been almost a full three weeks since I arrived here at Camp Au Sable. The first week I spent most of the day out at High Adventure getting training for certification. Soon all the counselors arrived for our orientation and the busyness began. We spent quite a few hours reading and talking about the ins and outs of being a counselor....I definitely felt like I was getting a crash course in parenting! There was time for fun too and on Saturday night all the counselors headed out to the Fort for a fun-filled evening. Marshmallow War with Capture the Flag sent mini marshmallows flying around the fort until everyone slowly ran out of..or ate their ammo.

Orientation week was full of icebreakers ranging from many games with golf balls to having to sit on a random strangers lap! Definitely not my favorite way to meet someone, but it's a quick way to get to know someone fast when you have to sit on them!

I am going to be a candle making teacher for two weeks so I spent a bit of learning about the art of candlemaking! I still have a lot to learn, but found some pretty cool ideas :)

Soon it was Agape Feast on Friday night, Communion, Church, Sabbath School, and the last bit of peace before the campers arrived on Sunday!

It has been an exciting time for sure! More about my very first campers to come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment