Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Where did time go!?

November 9, 2011

Where does time fly off to? I'm sure it flies to Neverland. Really, I am thinking it should take me with it. This treadmill called college just seems to be getting faster and I'm having a harder time keeping up! "College is a marathon. Don't stop until you're done." These wise words of my chemistry teacher are often in the back of my mind.

Oh to go back to the childhood days where the biggest challenge of the day was bringing in the firewood not studying for tests or writing 10 page papers!

This school year has really been a learning experience for me in more ways than one. There are still plenty more lessons for me to learn along with a few reminders of things learned in the past.

A Few Lessons...

1. If you want to succeed, you MUST CHOOSE to succeed.
2. Time management is key. (I still haven't mastered this one)
3. Multi-tasking is key for survival in college.
4. Procrastination is not just the thief of time, it's the nightmare of your life.
5. Extra baggage does more damage than you think.
6. Don't try to carry more than you can hold. You just end up dropping everything.
7. Backpacks shouldn't be made to hold everything you own. (Mine kills my back every day!)
8. Crock pots. Amazing. Everyone should use them.
9. Always leave for school more than five minutes early.
10. Sleep is precious. Early to bed early to rise is more than just an old wives tale... use this advice. A lot. (Even on the weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment